Links to related websites
- Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust - manager of Stocker's Lake. One of 47 Wildlife Trusts across the country and the leading voice for wildlife conservation in Hertfordshire and Middlesex.
- Affinity Water - a water company serving parts of NW London and the Home Counties. Owner of Stocker's Lake
- Herts Bird Club - the county's bird club promoting the study and recording of birds in Hertfordshire; publisher of the annual Hertfordshire Bird Report
- Chorleywood & District RSPB - one of circa 175 local RSPB groups organising regular outings and evening talks
- RSPB - the UK's leading bird conservation charity
- London Natural History Society - organises events and surveys to study all aspects of natural history within 20 miles (32km) of St Paul's.
- Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust - one of the world’s largest and most respected wetland conservation organisations; works globally to safeguard and improve wetlands for wildlife and people.
- British Trust for Ornithology - an independent charity which combines professional and citizen science to inform the public, opinion-formers and environmental policy makers about changes in bird populations
Fieldguides to British Wildlife
The Field Studies Council has published these 'user-friendly' colour identification guides to British wildlife. They are ideal for use in the field being lightweight and laminated - as well as attractively produced. They contain valuable information on each animal group covered as well as the colour identification keys. The titles available are:
|Guide to British Land Mammals||£2.99|
|Guide to Butterflies of Britain||£4.99|
|Guide to Caterpillars of Butterflies||£2.99|
|Guide to Dragonflies and Damselflies of Britain||£3.50|
|Guide to the Top 50 Garden Birds||£3.50|
|Guide to Wetland Birds||£3.50|
|Guide to Woodland Plants||£2.99|
|Guide to Common Water Plants||£3.50|
|Guide to British Bats||£2.99|
Prices include p&p.
FoSL has acquired a supply for sale and they are available from:
Barbara James, 17 Hillside Road, Chorleywood, Herts. WD3 5AP.
Please make cheques payable to "Friends of Stocker's Lake".
Wildlife paintings by Anna Marett