Links to related websites
- Herts & Middlesex Wildlife Trust - manager of Stocker's Lake. One of 47 Wildlife Trusts across the country and the leading voice for wildlife conservation in Hertfordshire and Middlesex.
- Affinity Water - a water company serving parts of NW London and the Home Counties. Owner of Stocker's Lake
- Herts Bird Club - the county's bird club promoting the study and recording of birds in Hertfordshire; publisher of the annual Hertfordshire Bird Report
- Chorleywood & District RSPB - one of circa 175 local RSPB groups organising regular outings and evening talks
- RSPB - the UK's leading bird conservation charity
- London Natural History Society - organises events and surveys to study all aspects of natural history within 20 miles (32km) of St Paul's.
- Wildfowl and Wetlands Trust - one of the world’s largest and most respected wetland conservation organisations; works globally to safeguard and improve wetlands for wildlife and people.
- British Trust for Ornithology - an independent charity which combines professional and citizen science to inform the public, opinion-formers and environmental policy makers about changes in bird populations
Suffolk birdwatching breaks
Experience watching some of Britain's more unusual species of birds at close range.
Visiting Nature Reserves and the beautiful Heritage Coast.
Fully escorted, at a leisurely pace, with expert tuition, catering for all abilities. Our experience is that at least 100 species are normally spotted.
Run by Richard Drew, ex-Warden of Stocker's Lake.
Based in the picturesque village of Westleton, Suffolk.
Comfortable accommodation with Mary Drew’s excellent home-cooking on a "full-board" basis.
All year round bookings for weekend and mid-week breaks.
For more details visit their website.
Fieldguides to British Wildlife
The Field Studies Council has published these 'user-friendly' colour identification guides to British wildlife. They are ideal for use in the field being lightweight and laminated - as well as attractively produced. They contain valuable information on each animal group covered as well as the colour identification keys. The titles available are:
|Guide to British Land Mammals||£2.99|
|Guide to Butterflies of Britain||£4.99|
|Guide to Caterpillars of Butterflies||£2.99|
|Guide to Dragonflies and Damselflies of Britain||£3.50|
|Guide to the Top 50 Garden Birds||£3.50|
|Guide to Wetland Birds||£3.50|
|Guide to Woodland Plants||£2.99|
|Guide to Common Water Plants||£3.50|
|Guide to British Bats||£2.99|
Prices include p&p.
FoSL has acquired a supply for sale and they are available from:
Barbara James, 17 Hillside Road, Chorleywood, Herts. WD3 5AP.
Please make cheques payable to "Friends of Stocker's Lake".
Wildlife paintings by Anna Marett